3 solutions to subtitle your videos
Do you want to subtitle a video and get professional results? Whether it’s for social networks (Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin, Facebook), for YouTube or for your website, video subtitling is essential today. In this guide, we reveal the 3 best solutions for subtitling your videos in 2023. From online solutions to subtitling software, you will find what you need to subtitle your videos in just a few clicks!
- Introduction: why subtitle your video?
- Video Subtitling with Aegisub
- Generating subtitles with Eztitles
- Subtitling a video online with EoleCC: automatic and professional subtitles
Why subtitle your video?
Subtitling videos is nowadays a must in your strategy, for 4 main reasons (we have written a whole article about it):
- Accessibility: subtitles can help deaf or hard-of-hearing people understand the content of the video.
- International outreach: adding subtitles in multiple languages extends the reach of your video to a whole host of countries!
- Increase your viewership: without subtitles, your video is likely to be missed. Indeed, most videos are nowadays viewed without sound, especially on the move or in public places.
- Improved SEO: adding the subtitle file allows search engines to understand your video and take into account the keywords that make it up.
Video subtitling with Aegisub
Aegisub is an open-source subtitling software for Windows, macOS and Linux. It allows you to create and edit subtitles for videos using a common subtitle file format, such as SRT. It offers advanced features such as automatic subtitle synchronisation and support for subtitle font styles. It is often used by amateur and professional subtitlers to create subtitles for movies, TV shows and online videos.
Expect to spend some time on it though: Aegisub has no built-in speech recognition. So you’ll have to transcribe the sound of your video yourself.
1.The advantages of Aegisub
- It is open-source, which means that it is free software and that anyone can contribute to it.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux.
- It offers advanced features for automatic subtitle synchronisation and diagonal subtitle creation.
- It supports multiple subtitle file formats.
- It allows you to create font styles for subtitles
2.The disadvantages of Aegisub
- It is a software to be installed locally on your machine, you do not access it online
- The user interface can be complex for inexperienced users.
- The software can sometimes be unstable.
- It has no commercial support, so if you encounter problems you will have to figure it out yourself or ask for help on the community forums.
- It does not automatically generate transcripts and translations, so the work can be very time consuming
- Finally, Aegisub does not offer a function to insert the subtitle in your video
Generate subtitles with Eztitles
EZTitles is a professional subtitling software for Windows. It allows you to create and edit subtitles for videos using several subtitle file formats commonly used in the post-production industry, such as STL, SRT, SSA, SUB and more. It offers advanced features such as automatic subtitle synchronisation, multi-language support and subtitle export for different output formats. It is often used by professionals in the film, television and video industry to create high-quality subtitles.
EZTitles also offers tools for creating subtitles for the hearing impaired (STL) for TV videos, movies, DVDs and online videos. It is also used to create subtitles for foreign films, documentaries, educational videos and commercial videos.
It should be noted that EZTitles is a paid software, unlike Aegisub which is open-source.
1.The advantages of EZTitles
- It is compatible with several subtitle file formats commonly used in the post-production industry.
- It offers advanced features for automatic subtitle synchronisation, subtitle creation and multi-language support.
- It allows the export of subtitles for different output formats.
- It is often used by professionals in the film, television and video industry to create high-quality subtitles.
- It offers tools for creating subtitles for the hearing impaired (STL).
2.Disadvantages of EZTitles
- It is only available in Windows version
- It is a paid software.
- It can be complex to use for inexperienced users.
- Technical support is not free.
Note that EZTitles is a professional software that targets experienced users and professionals in the post-production industry, while Aegisub is an open-source software that can be used by amateur users.
Simple and professional subtitling with EoleCC
EoleCC is a simple and professional online video subtitling solution. With just a few clicks, it allows you to generate automatic subtitles of excellent quality.
You can make transcriptions as well as translations in more than 120 languages! Once the subtitles have been generated by the Artificial Intelligence tools, you can review and correct them to get perfect subtitles! Videomenthe also offers the possibility to have your subtitles reviewed by professional translators.
In the end, you get quality subtitles, with the possibility of customising the display of your subtitles according to your wishes (font, colour, positioning, etc).
The advantages of EoleCC
- It is a web-based platform: nothing to install on your PC, and accessible from anywhere
- The platform is very easy to use
- EoleCC offers a superior version, allowing collaborative work between several users
- Eole CC offers automatic subtitle synchronisation, subtitle creation and multiple language support.