3 solutions to subtitle your videos
Do you want to subtitle a video and get professional results? Whether it’s for social networks (Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin, Facebook), for YouTube or for your website, video subtitling is essential today. In this guide, we reveal the 3 best solutions for subtitling your videos in 2023. From online solutions to subtitling software, you will find what you need to subtitle your videos in just a few clicks!
- Introduction: why subtitle your video?
- Video Subtitling with Aegisub
- Generating subtitles with Eztitles
- Subtitling a video online with EoleCC: automatic and professional subtitles
Why subtitle your video?
Subtitling videos is nowadays a must in your strategy, for 4 main reasons (we have written a whole article about it):
- Accessibility: subtitles can help deaf or hard-of-hearing people understand the content of the video.
- International outreach: adding subtitles in multiple languages extends the reach of your video to a whole host of countries!
- Increase your viewership: without subtitles, your video is likely to be missed. Indeed, most videos are nowadays viewed without sound, especially on the move or in public places.
- Improved SEO: adding the subtitle file allows search engines to understand your video and take into account the keywords that make it up.
Video subtitling with Aegisub
Aegisub is an open-source subtitling software for Windows, macOS and Linux. It allows you to create and edit subtitles for videos using a common subtitle file format, such as SRT. It offers advanced features such as automatic subtitle synchronisation and support for subtitle font styles. It is often used by amateur and professional subtitlers to create subtitles for movies, TV shows and online videos.
Expect to spend some time on it though: Aegisub has no built-in speech recognition. So you’ll have to transcribe the sound of your video yourself.
1.The advantages of Aegisub
- It is open-source, which means that it is free software and that anyone can contribute to it.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux.
- It offers advanced features for automatic subtitle synchronisation and diagonal subtitle creation.
- It supports multiple subtitle file formats.
- It allows you to create font styles for subtitles
2.The disadvantages of Aegisub
- It is a software to be installed locally on your machine, you do not access it online
- The user interface can be complex for inexperienced users.
- The software can sometimes be unstable.
- It has no commercial support, so if you encounter problems you will have to figure it out yourself or ask for help on the community forums.
- It does not automatically generate transcripts and translations, so the work can be very time consuming
- Finally, Aegisub does not offer a function to insert the subtitle in your video